Homeowners escape of water claim

Please click on the tabs below for help and guidance on how to make a homeowners escape of water claim.

If you discover a burst pipe you should turn off the water at the mains stop cock if it is safe and feasible to do so. Reducing the volume of escaping water will help mitigate the damage to your home. It may also be appropriate to switch off any heating installations and drain the system by opening taps.

Call a professional plumber to undertake repairs as soon as possible – make sure that you or your plumber records the cause and nature of the damage to the pipe. Please note, the damage to the pipe itself will only be covered if it has burst due to freezing.

Remove any standing water if it is it safe and feasible to do so. Preventing water from soaking into the fabric of your property will speed up any drying process that may be required.

Do not dispose of any damaged property as it may be necessary for it to be inspected. If this is not possible for certain items please take photographs and record details of the items before disposing of them.

If the damage is extensive we may appoint a loss adjuster to investigate whether the claim is covered by the policy, to assess the loss or damage and to manage the claim on our behalf.

Before submitting your claim please check your policy and schedule to see if you are covered and make yourself aware of any limits or exclusions that may apply. A copy of your policy wording and schedule can be provided by your broker, alternatively call our claims department. Please note a claims excess will be deducted from any claim payment, your excess amount can be found on the schedule.

Please make sure you submit your claim as soon as possible.

You may have been provided with a telephone number to report a claim from your broker or intermediary. If this is the case you should use this in the first instance for claim notification.

Alternately, you can contact our claims department 01274 700 810 (9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday).

In order for your claim to be considered a completed claim form will be required but we will register your notification in the first instance and provide guidance as to the next steps. We cannot respond to your claim until notification is received by Integra.

Alternatively, email: claims@integra-ins.co.uk or telephone 01274 700 810 to notify us and request a claim form. We are open 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday

You can also write to us at:
Integra Insurance Solutions Ltd.
Currer House
Currer Street

Please complete your claim form and return it to the address above. Please include any estimates, accounts and supporting documents. If you prefer you can fax your claim form to 01274 700 811, or scan your documents and send by email to claims@integra-ins.co.uk. Please remember to sign your claim form.

Before sending any documents and the claim form to us please make a copy for your records.

Once notified, we will assess your claim and aim to respond to you within five working days. Your claim will be allocated a unique claim reference number which you should quote in any future correspondence with us.

Depending on the nature of your claim we may need to contact you for more information or appoint a loss adjuster. If your claim can’t be resolved straight away we will always keep you informed of the progress.

If a loss adjuster is appointed they will contact you within 24 hours to progress your claim. A loss adjuster is appointed to investigate whether the claim is covered by the policy, to assess the loss or damage and to manage the claim on our behalf.

If the damage is severe the loss adjuster may recommend that a drying out process be implemented. This can often take a number of weeks and repairs to the building will only be able to commence once the property has been declared dry.

Claim payments are usually made by cheque directly to you after the policy excess, any voluntary and/or compulsory excess has been deducted; or to a third party on your request.

When a claim payment is agreed we aim to make that payment within five working days.

What is an excess?

How do I pay the excess?

What is a loss adjuster?

Does a claim affect my no claims bonus?

How will losing my no claims bonus affect my insurance premiums?

How long will my new claim take?

Should I contact Integra or my broker?

What do I do if my premises can no longer be used due to the damage?

What do I do if I disagree with the settlement figure or claims decision?

water damage

download claim form:

Download claim form

Helpline Numbers

The helpline services provide customers with easy access to advice & guidance
to deal with all kinds of events & emergencies, free of charge during
the period of insurance